If the guest receives an error downloading their key
- Verify that the guest has been added to OpenKey HOST, and the phone number is correct.
- [DormaKABA] Verify that Kaba Services are running. It might be best to reboot them even if they are running to double-verify.
- [Assa Abloy, DormaKABA, Salto, Miwa, Hafele - NO OPENKEY MODULE] Verify that the VPN services are running. Click here for more information.
- Verify that the guest is connected to Wi-Fi or has a strong connection via data.
- Verify that the guest has push notifications enabled and Bluetooth is on. Click here for more information.
- OpenKey must have permission to access Bluetooth as well.
- Ask the guest to force close the app and reopen it.
- Ask the guest to clear the cache.
If the key is active but will not open the guest door
- [Assa Abloy, DormaKABA, Salto, Miwa, Hafele - NO OPENKEY MODULE]: If an RFID key was issued as a "new" key AFTER the mobile key was delivered, it may have deactivated the mobile key. You will need to check the guest out and add them back into OpenKey HOST, allow the guest to download the app, and then redo their plastic keys as duplicate/joiner keys. Click here for more information.
- Contact your Engineering/Maintenance department to check the batteries and ensure the lock is programmed.
For all other issues/questions:
- Contact support by clicking HELP in OpenKey HOST, emailing Support@OpenKey.co, or by calling 1 (877) 800-2008.