Additional guests can be added in two ways:
- A hotel team member can add additional guests through OpenKey HOST.
- Guests can add their own additional guests through the OpenKey app Share Key feature.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: The main guest on the booking must download their key FIRST before the additional guests will have access to their key.
Adding guests through the OpenKey app / Guests sharing their own key: Once the main guest has been issued a mobile key, they will have the ability to share their key with other members of their party.
1. If you don't already have the app downloaded, use the link in the Welcome text message you received when you checked into the hotel. Note: If you did not receive a text, please check with the Front Desk to ensure you've been issued a mobile key.
2. If this is your first time using OpenKey, you will need to verify your phone number. If you've used the app previously and did not delete it from your device/change devices, you have already verified your number and won't have to repeat the process.
3. The key will automatically start downloading, and land on the Active Key Screen once complete.
4. From the Active Key Screen, click on SHARE KEY.
5. Enter the NAME and PHONE NUMBER of the first person with whom you wish to share a key.
6. Click SHARE KEY.
7. You will get a confirmation screen once the key has been shared, and the person added will receive a text message containing the link to download the OpenKey app.
8. Repeat this process for each of your guests. NOTE: You will no longer see a Name & Phone Number field when you've reached the limit of keys available for that room.
**Note to Hotel Team Member: The number of Additional Guests will now show up on the Guest Tab under the Main Guest on the room tile.